Monday 21 July 2014

Summer Essentials - Makeup


Hi Everyone!

This weeks post is about my Summer Beauty Essentials! This is slightly out of my comfort zone but I hope you enjoy these:

Beaches and Pools

Obviously if you're going to the beach or in a pool over summer you don't want to be 
wearing makeup but if you really want to I only recommend:
- waterproof mascara to make your eyes stand out
- a tinted lip balm - such as baby lips

Personally I feel comfortable when I'm away to go without any makeup during the day as you only sweat it off!
If you're that uncomfortable just buy a cheap pair of over sized sunglasses to wear in the water and you will instantly feel much more secure.

Casual Summer Days - BBQ's, Summer Walks, Parties etc.

I would still recommend only minimal makeup as you will probably be sweating it off anyway! I would recommend
- a BB cream - most BB creams have SPF in it so it will protect your skin
-concealer - cover any blemishes
-powder - to stop you sweating as much
-bronzer (used for contouring)
-eyeliner - to make your eyes pop
-mascara - to also make your eyes stand out
-lip gloss or balm - to hydrate your lips

You can obviously add a little bit of eye shadow to make the look more formal and dramatic if you would like!

Also, if you aren't wearing any BB cream, I recommend using a moisturizer to hydrate your skin and make sure it is protected from the sun!

An obvious tip from me is make sure to wear sunscreen no matter where you are! Sunburn and sunstroke is not nice to have in the hot summer days.

In no way to I encourage you to wear any makeup this summer. I believe summer is the time when you get to be yourself and show your natural glow. If you wake up and feel 'I can go without makeup today' then please listen to yourself. You are making your skin worse by putting the makeup on so avoide it any time you can.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I'm thinking about doing a summer hair style post on Saturday night? Let me know what you think!
Thank you
I love you
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment